By Sharon

Wednesday 5 August 2015

You are my Sunshine

.

Hi there today I am sharing my layout for the sketch challenge over at http://scrapafrica.blogspot.com.au/. What a beautiful sketch and colours to work with. The photo is of my sons Christopher, Wayne and Billy with my nephew Aubrey and best family friend Craig. These guys are my sunshine so this layout is made with pure LOVE.

Starting with my sheet of patterned paper I have applied gesso to mostly cover the entire page. A little subtle hint of the pattern can be seen. I have used Smooch Spritz – Green Olive and sprayed to draw attention to my photo.

I mounted my photo onto some beautiful papermania glitter paper from the paparazzi stack I had in my stash. I chose to go with circular photo and mount to match the sketch. Using some twine purchased from Kaszazz I have circled the photo 3 times and glued into position.

I made a tag (sort of a tag) to place beside my photo. I used some papers and made a collage, then I added gesso, and misted with Glimmer Mist – Gold, and Smooch Spritz – Green Olive. You can just slightly see the light bulb in the bottom corner from the collage. I used some builders mesh.

I coloured the chipboard mesh in the top corner with Smooch – lettuce. Added a few cut outs from a magazine freebie which I thought were perfect for this layout. Adding some paper flowers with brads for centres and some lovely material leaves completed the layout.

Thanks for dropping by, Sharon xxx

15 comments:

  1. Buen trabajo, muchas gracias por acompañarnos en Scrap África este mes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely project, thanks for sharing with us on Scrap Africa challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! Love those colours & how you've created the 'tag':) thanks for your comment about the black gesso.... I mostly use it for covering 'mistakes' - it does an awesome job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lizzy I have tried using the black gesso to cover my mistakes but always seem to fail, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nce page! And I love those colours! Thank you fr playing at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout! I, too, love the green you used. Thank you for joining us at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Salla although green is my least favourite colour I do really like the green on this page

      Delete
  7. Super, artsy background...love the earthy colouring and a super photo too! ;-) Makes for a beautiful page! ;-) Thanks so much for playing along with Scrap Africa! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colours you´ve used! Thanks for playing with Scrap Africa :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful page!!! I love your background, colors & tag!!!Thank you for joining us @Scrap Africa!!!!

    ReplyDelete