By Sharon

Tuesday 18 August 2015

Born to Ride

Hi there well today I am sharing a layout for the Mood board challenge over at http://scrapafrica.blogspot.com.au/

These colours were just perfect for a chipboard dump truck I had in my stash, so I painted it yellow, orange, black for the wheels and added some smooch for the silver (chrome areas). I placed a pic of Billy pushing a toy dump truck on top of the dump truck as if he was the load.

I used a brick work stencil with some modelling paste on my page, then when dry I used some Tim Holtz distress ink – mustard seed, and spiced marmalade to lightly colours the bricks. I mounted this onto some blue, then some green bazzill papers.

For something a little different as the photo mat I made my own coloured sheet using some colours from the mood board, first was some white acrylic paint, then using mister bottles with colours mixed with water, orange, yellow and blue I sprayed randomly over the page.

Once this page was dry I cut it into strips which I then plaited to use as the photo mat. To finish the layout I added some cogs, and a couple of tags, one with some journaling on which tucks underneath the photo mat.

I didn’t want to add anything else to the layout, I wanted to keep it fairly simple. The photos of Billy have been sitting in my photo box for a long time waiting to get scrapped so I am happy I finally got around to using them. Thanks for dropping by, Sharon xxx

16 comments:

  1. Lovely creative work! Thanks for playing with Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Un trabajo muy original y encantador!, Muchas gracias por acompañarnos en Scrap África!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! It's so optimistic and I feel the atmosphere of child's playig and having fun! And it seems you had a lot of fun by creating this project! Thank you so much for sharing with us this beautiful memory and playing at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The truck looks amazing. Pretty bricks background and nice weaved paper mat. Thank you so much for playing along at Scrap Africa ....join us again in the next challenge coming soon. Have a nice day Sharon and happy creating!
    Fondly,
    Asmah
    Scrap Africa DT
    Qinaahana Arts and Crafts {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet little page of your son. I love that brick wall, along with the truck and cogs! ;-) So perfect for a little boy! ;-) Thanks so much for playing along with our mood board at Scrap Africa! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Очаровательная работа! Очень яркая и красочная! Спасибо что вдохновляетесь с нами! Scrap Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely! Thank you for playing with us at Scrap Africa!
    xoxo, Asica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute work!!!! I love it!!! Thank you for joining us @Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! Thanks so much for playing along with our mood board at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete