By Sharon

Wednesday 9 September 2015

Moments

Today I want to share a layout for the beautiful sketch over at http://scrapafrica.blogspot.com.au/

I am enjoying joining in these fantastic challenges as for one it gives me scrapping time, and two I am using us papers from my stash which have been there for a long long time.

For this layout I stamped the Stampin Up Belle Toile background stamp using Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Chipped Sapphire, and Tattered Rose, just offsetting each on a sheet of kaszazz which I had applied gesso.

I thought the two colours went well together, so I decided to use a strip of this as the middle strip. I used the same stamp and Tattered Rose to make the photo mats also. The lovely fancy circle I found in my stash of pre made die cuts, perfect I thought to cover a flower cut from a kaszazz sheet. Again some leftovers from the stash.

Then a couple of strips to place either side of the centre strip, from the Graphic 45 stash I had, the lovely mesh was achieved by using a mask, and some Spritz – Spun sugar, and I then added the little green tag.

I have a stash of strips I brought years ago and used the little birds as I think they are cute. The photos are of my family on Christmas Day 2014. I urge you all to take photos and to treasure time with your family as this was the last Christmas Day we would get to spend with my daughter in law Sharon who passed away earlier this year.

Journalling is an important part of scrapbooking so I have journalled a little in gel pen down the side of the paper, and also on the back of this page, as I do like to keep it private.

Thanks for dropping by, Sharon xxx

16 comments:

  1. Very very nice page. And those small birds just make it more interesting and... hmmm... can't find propper word in English, but it can be... unusual.

    Thank you for joining us at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely take on this months sketch! Cute birds! Thanks for playing with Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work! The memory of a lifetime! Thanka for plaing with us! Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great project, thanks for taking part in scrap Africa challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet page Sharon and those little tweeties are adorable! ;-) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap Africa! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. sweet page :)Thank you for playing with us at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colors really blend so well together and beautiful journaling Sharon. Nice photos on a such awesome page. Thank you so much for playing along at Scrap Africa ....join us again in the current mood board challenge. Have a nice day and happy creating Sharon!
    Fondly,
    Asmah
    Scrap Africa DT
    Qinaahana Arts and Crafts {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful page!!! Thank you for joining us @Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete